Welcome to the bMobile Tutorial Video Series.
In this video, we will quickly go over the process of importing your information from Quickbooks to the bMobile Route Manager Desktop App. If you are using a different accounting software, make sure to reach out to us to discuss any differences in this process based on which software you are using.
Step by Step
Here are the steps to this process:
- Start Quickbooks and Login
- Select the bMobile Quickbooks Update application if you’re a bMobile Saas customer, then select “Send to Quickbooks” in the Tools Menu
- If bMobile is installed on your local server, open bMobile Route Manager and navigate to tools, then select “Import Quickbooks Data” in the bMobile desktop app from the Tools Menu
- Now you need to select the information that you would like to import from Quickbooks. Here’s a quick run down of the import options:
- Company, GL ACCTS, Sales Reps, terms – pulls company name and address info, gl account info, employee records(name, initials only), Terms for invoice creation
- Customers – Pulls customer name, address, contact info and customer balance
- Customer Shipto – pulls additional delivery locations – do not import if each customer is a unique location
- Vendors – Pulls vendor list from QB – Used for PO receiving addin – must have user field in vendor record of QB called b-Mobile Vendor with a word starting with Y in the field to import
- Inventory – Pulls item number, description, cost and wholesale
- Inventory Package- Pulls relevant package info when running multipack addin
- Purchase order – imports open PO records for receiving purposes
- Invoices- imports open customer invoices for basic statement running
- Credit memos – imports open credit invoices for basic statement running
- Payments – Imports unapplied open payment amounts for basic statement running
- Price Levels – Imports QB price level DO not import if maintaining pricing in bMobile, this will overwrite existing pricing)
- Filter transactions by date – Used to reduce invoice, credit memo and payment data; speeds up import process for large QB files
- Debug – used to identify problem records with errors are encountered
** Remember that these selections are all optional.
- After you are done selecting what you would like to import from Quickbooks, click on the Start button in the upper right hand corner.
- A message saying “Update Complete” will appear on successful completion.
- If the importer fails to complete, an error message will appear with the record it has stopped on.
- Many times, the error has to do with a duplicate record in the bMobile Database. The error message should tell you which record is the duplicate one. Make sure to confirm that the duplicate no longer exists before attempting to import again.
If you have any questions about specifics regarding navigating through this process, make sure to touch base with your Implementation Consultant!
Thanks and have a good day!