Welcome to the bMobile Tutorial Video Series.
In this video, we will go over how to do the Start of Day process on your Android device.
The goal of this process is to first download the pertinent data (like order information, route information, etc.) to your device from the bMobile database and to confirm and sign off on what is loaded on the truck at the beginning of the day.
Step by Step
Here are the steps to this process:
- Start the Android bMobile application
- Make sure you are on the home screen which looks like this
- Next confirm that a start of day has not already occurred on this device. You will see route information in this area if that was the case.
- Next, press the “Start of Day / Adjust” button. If you are not already connected to your webservice, the device will prompt you for webservice (the previous video addresses how to connect your device to the webservice).
- Next step is to press on the “Refresh” button in the upper right hand corner which pulls any new routes, trucks, and sales reps.
- Select the route you want to do the start of day for.
- If the company option is set to require a route password, enter that here, otherwise, leave this field blank.
- Next, select the driver or sales rep
- Select the Truck being used. This option could be locked to the route based on company settings.
- You can also input estimated mileage, which is optional.
- Finally, select the load date the route will be running – the date dictates what customers and inventory are loaded onto the device.
- Press on “Get Data”
- After the data is pulled, the android will display the load information. This is the inventory and quantities of what should be in the truck.
- If you need to adjust the load qty of any of the prefilled inventory, just press on the desired field and change the number to what it needs to be.
- If you want to add new products to the load list, make sure you do not press the back button, or it will not commit any changes you’ve made – always press save after every change.
- To add a new item, after you press on save, press on ‘add items’, if your company has product types set up, the screen will show a list of product types first, like this.
- At first it will only show the items or product types of the current items on your load list. To expand it, select “show all”.
- Scroll down the list or use the search function – items can be searched using item number or description.
- After selecting the items, you will need to add the quantity for each one.
- If you are using product types, you will need to press save twice to be done with the loading screen, otherwise continue adding additional items.
- After all adjustments have been made, press save.
- The device will now prompt you for the driver’s signature. If the “truck inspection option is on, you will need to answer each question by checking off ok or by entering a comment if there are any issues.
- After you press on “save” you should be returned to the home screen and display route information in this screen here.
You can also do the start of day process on the desktop application. This is usually used to stage an android device start of day or in situations where a handheld is unavailable (broken or not used), to print load sheets, route sheets or convert all presales to invoices.
We will cover the Route Manager Desktop App start of day process in the next video.
If you have any questions about the android start of day process, make sure to touch base with your Implementation Consultant!
Thanks and have a good day!